Cajun Chicken Pasta
Tender strips of chicken in a sun dried tomato cream sauce served over a bed of hot linguini. It comes together fast which makes it a perfect meal on a busy night.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1.25 pounds raw chicken breast cut into strips (you can use grilled chicken too)
- 1 ½-2 teaspoons cajun seasoning I use McCormick brand
- 2 green onions sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons sundried tomatoes chopped (I used the ones packed in oil)
- 1 ½ - 2 cups half and half
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 ounces linguini pasta
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated, fresh is best
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Heat a 12 inch deep skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and sliced chicken breast. Sprinkle with cajun seasoning; stirring to coat the chicken evenly. Add salt and pepper to taste. While chicken is cooking add the green onion and sundried tomatoes to the pan. Stir occasionally until the chicken is cooked thoroughly.
Add the half and half, basil, garlic powder and let the sauce lightly simmer for a few minutes. Add the cooked pasta and top with fresh grated Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
If you don’t serve right away, or when reheating, consider adding a little milk or more half and half if the pasta has soaked up most of the liquid.