Caprese Tortellini Salad
This fresh, and tasty salad is bursting with the summer flavors.
- 1 9 ounce package Buitoni tortellini
- 1 dry pint grape tomatoes quartered
- A few handfuls of fresh basil thinly sliced--chiffonade style
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella balls or fresh slices torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup tomato basil vinaigrette optional
- 1 tablespoon oilve oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook tortellini according to directions on package. Drain, and rinse in cold water.
Combine pasta, tomatoes, basil, and fresh mozzarella. In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and vinaigrette (if desired), salt, and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat.