Blender Salsa Recipe
A speedy and fresh-tasting salsa with a simple shortcut.
- 1 can 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 cans 10 - 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes with green chiles (Rotel)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 jalapeno roughly chopped with seeds and membranes removed
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup cilantro roughly chopped *
- juice of 1/2 lime
In a blender, or blending cup if using an immersion blender, combing Rotel with all ingredients besides diced tomatoes. Bled until smooth or desired consistency is reached. Add in diced tomatoes and pulse a couple of times leaving a little bit of texture. Chill for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to meld. Serve with chips, taquitos, quesadillas, enchiladas or any way your salsa-loving heart desires!
*I don't bother removing the majority of the stems. I know some people use only the leaves though. Just chop off the bottom and give the rest a rough chop before throwing it in the blender.
Adapted from Pioneer Woman's Restaurant Style Salsa