The BEST Sugar Cookie Recipe
(This post may contain affiliate links. See my full disclosure here.)
By the way, as a seasoned veteran of the cookie making game, I have definitely decided on a few favorite items that I use pretty much every time I pull out the ingredients to make cookies! I’ve complied a list below with links to each item … do you have any favorites that I missed?
- Kitchenaid Mixer: The one should come as no surprise! And if you can get it in aqua, all the better! I can’t remember the last time I made cookies without it!
- Measuring Cups & Spoons: I love this set because of the odd cup and spoon sizes… 3/4 Cup? Yes! No more measuring 1/4 three times or worse, dirtying a 1/2 cup and a 1/4 cup!
- Spatula: Of course you need a spatula to get those cookies off the cookie sheet! I love this metal one with the slots to make it all that much easier to transfer.
- Silpat Baking Mat: No more need to “grease” a cookie sheet! Just lay this baby down on your cookie sheet and away you go. Nothing will stick to this.
- Cookie Scoop: What did I do before I had a cookie scoop? The easy way to get uniform cookies! I looooove my cookie scoop. I wish I were over-exaggerating here but I’m not.
- Cookie sheet: I love these heavy duty Nordic Ware ones! Mine have been perfectly “seasoned” over the years and they just seem to get better and better!
- Rubber/Silicone Spatulas: How else will you lick the bowl clean? This is a must-have tool to scrape down the sides of that bowl.
Enjoy and happy cookie making!