A simple and beautiful holiday ham recipe that will make holiday meal prep just that much easier!
It’s Amy from My Name Is Snickerdoodle again and I have been eating turkey leftovers like crazy! I don’t mind one bit, but it’s about this time that I like to take change it up and make ham for our holiday meal. I’ve been testing out this Slow Cooker Citrus Cranberry Ham and it came out perfect the first time!
The orange juice and cranberry sauce add a slight tanginess to the smoked ham and balances out the flavors really well. The sauce only has a few ingredients that you most likely already have on hand.
This ham recipe is cooked in the crock pot which I love even more! It only takes a few hours and would even be great for a Sunday meal. If your family still persists on turkey this holiday season you could toss this together in the slow cooker and still have the oven free to bake till your heart’s content!
Slow Cooker Citrus Cranberry Holiday Ham Recipe
Slow Cooker Citrus Cranberry Holiday Ham
A wonderful holiday main course that is as simple as it gets!
- 3-4 lbs Sliced Smoked Ham
- 1 Cup Orange Juice
- 14 oz Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 TBSP cornstarch
- Fan out the ham in a large crock pot.
- In a medium bowl mix together orange juice, cranberry sauce, soy sauce, ginger and cloves and pour over the ham.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- In a medium pot pour in 2 cups of the cooking liquid.
- In a small bowl mix together cornstarch and 1/4 cup more of the cooking liquid and add it to the pot.
- Bring it to a boil over medium high heat stirring constantly.
- Let the mixture thicken for about 4 minutes and serve over the ham.
Check out these other holiday posts from My Name Is Snickerdoodle!