Besides Christmas, winter is in full-force here in Utah. We had a massive snow storm last week that brought in more snow than we saw all of last winter. With this winter weather, I am working overtime to keep my family healthy. doTERRA Essential Oils are my favorite way to help support my family’s immune system. But, despite my best efforts, sometimes we still get sick.
Last week, my husband came down with quite a cold. He was really congested and coughing a lot at night. I decided to whip up a batch of vapor disks to help support his lung function so that he can breathe better. I love these vapor disks because they are easy to make, only have require common household products, and incorporate my favorite Essential Oils.
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup water
You will also need:
- Small bowl
- Muffin tin
- Muffin liners
- Essential Oils
- Start by mixing together the baking soda, corn starch, and salt in a small bowl.
- Add water until a thick paste forms. You may need more than 1/3 cup.
- Add about 15 drops of each kind of Essential Oil you want to add. I added a blend called Breathe, I also added some Rosemary, Peppermint, and Eucalyptus.
- Line your muffin tin with liners. Paper liners tend to stick. Foil liners are better. If you have silicone liners, those are the best!
- Fill liners with a little more than a tablespoon of the paste.
- Let your disks dry. You can either let them sit out all night or for quicker drying, stick them in the oven at 300 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Pop them out of the liners and let them cool completely.
- Add 10 drops of your favorite essential oils to the top and bottom of each disk and then put them in jar next to your shower.
- When you are going to shower, put the disk in the bottom of the shower but not directly in the water (or else it will disintegrate too fast). You should smell the essential oils and it will create a vapor that will help open up your airways so you can breathe better.
And that’s it! So easy! And I love the results. It really helps open up your airways with the oils and the steam.