I don’t know about you but I need an ACTUAL RECIPE to make things. So, this year, after more begging, I convinced Cal to TRY and write up an actual recipe that I (and you) could follow. It did NOT disappoint! It does take 2 days (not straight, mind you) but it’s super easy.
Here is the recipe, as written by Cal…. enjoy!
- Leftover (usually from Easter or Christmas) “honey-glazed” smoked, spiral-cut style hambone with generous amount of ham remaining including (and very importantly) the sugary juice and any bits of honey glaze. I have always used HoneyBaked or Costco. The “honey-glazed” style is crucial. If you don’t have that style, add sugar to a regular ham (about 2/3 C. brown sugar).
- Canned corn to taste (usually one can)
- Canned green beans to taste (usually one can)
- Canned peas to taste (usually one can)
- Canned diced tomatoes to taste (usually two large or three regular-sized cans)
- Canned diced green chilies to taste (usually two small cans)
- Fresh petit or regular carrots to taste (usually 15-20 or so medium sized petit carrots or 2-3 medium sized regular carrots chopped up)
- Fresh diced potatoes to taste (usually 2-3 large)
- One bag of cut frozen okra (not breaded)
- Oregano to taste (I like a lot)
- Seasoned Salt and pepper to taste
- Sage to taste
That last line kills me. And he really does want emails, by the way. 🙂
Link parties I participate in: Tip Junkie, Someday Crafts, Tatertots & Jello, I Heart Naptime, Lolly Jane, Be Different Act Normal, Craftomaniac, Today’s Creative Blog, Flamingo Toes, Skip To My Lou, Thrifty Decor Chick