I was at my friend’s home a few weeks ago when I spotted a glass bowl filled with the CUTEST little decorative balls I had ever seen. She told me she had just made them that week & told me how to do it. That, my friends, is what got the brain going on filling my empty glass vases… which helped me to come up with the Thumb Tack Decor I did last week (thank you for the amazing response, by the way, holy cow!) since I was wanting to mix a couple of different kinds of decorative balls together but didn’t know what else to do.
Well, today we shall learn how to make the original idea! You may or may not have seen these before but I absolutely love how they can be completely customized. Not to mention how cheap & easy they are to make!
1. Cut up fabric into 1/2 inch strips making sure it is long enough to go completely around your styrofoam ball. You may want to go a little thinner or wider depending on the size of your styrofoam ball. This is the perfect way to use up scraps from pillows or curtains you made in a room. Or cut up one of your husbands old dress shirts if it goes with your room! It doesn’t take much fabric to make one of these.
2) Wrap fabric strip around ball & pin so you attach both ends to the ball.
3) Turn ball & repeat with another fabric strip. Using a new pin each time.
4) This is really cute using different but coordinating fabric strips or all the same fabric on one ball.
5) Repeat attaching fabric strips until entire ball is covered!