A delicious Teriyaki Chicken Bowl recipe that the whole family will love!
There are some weeks where I wish I could get away with feeding my kids cold cereal every night for dinner. It would eliminate a lot of dirty dishes and my kids wouldn’t cry when I put the bowl in front of them. Sometimes it’s really hard to please all three of my little boys and I feel like it’s a huge achievement if there are no tears shed over what I’ve made for our meal. By either them or me! Ha!
I know that would be a terrible choice so I’ve been trying to come up with some dinner ideas that everyone will love. We’ve become a rice family (still working on the whole brown rice idea with them!) and they all love chicken.
Teriyaki Chicken Bowls
These Chicken Teriyaki Bowls are a super winner in my house. It’s ready in about 20 minutes and I don’t have to stress over too many dirty dishes! We typically serve it with some steamed broccoli or snow peas, but most any veggie would be great with this.
Teriyaki Chicken Bowl Recipe
- 2 Large Chicken Breasts Cubed
- 3/4 Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 Whole Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup water
- 2 TBSP cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Seeds Optional
- 2 Whole Scallions Thinly Sliced
- 1 TBSP vegetable oil
- 4 Cups Cooked White or Brown Rice
- In a large bowl whisk together soy sauce, water, garlic, ginger, and brown sugar.
- Add chicken to a large zip seal gallon bag and pour in half of the marinade. Place in the fridge and let it marinate for 30 minutes up to 2 hours before cooking.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat oil.
- Add in the chicken.
- Spread out in the pan and cook 2-3 minutes on the first side and 1-2 minutes on the second side or until cooked through.
- Remove chicken to a plate.
- Add in cornstarch to the remaining marinade and stir to combine.
- Pour marinade into the hot pan, making sure to scrape up any brown bits off the bottom.
- Bring to a boil and let it thicken slightly.
- Toss in sesame seeds, scallions, and chicken and remove from heat.
- Serve over rice.