This Thanksgiving game of Don’t Eat Pete the Thanksgiving Turkey! will keep the kids entertained while you get dinner on the table!
I have learned (from many years of experience) that, oftentimes, the hardest part about getting a meal on the table is that the young people in your home like to provide many, many, MANY distractions for you. Well that can be especially frustrating when it’s Thanksgiving dinner that you are trying to finish up and serve! Add in visiting cousins, friends and neighbors that are there at this special occasion and Thanksgiving is in serious danger of not happening.
I created this Thanksgiving version of Don’t Eat Pete! to do just that! Kids LOVE this game! If you’re not familiar with how it works, allow me to explain the rules:
HOW TO PLAY DON’T EAT PETE (THANKSGIVING GAME)
- Download and print game board. (click <<<< that link to do so)
- Place a small piece of candy on each square (i.e. M&Ms, Skittles, etc)
- Have one child/person leave the room.
- The rest of the players quietly decide on which turkey is “PETE” for that round.
- Call the child back in.
- The returned child then proceeds to eat the pieces of candy from the squares until they pick the “PETE” turkey square candy that was decided upon previously.
- All the kids yell “DON’T EAT PETE!” and that child’s turn is over.
- Reload the squares with candy and choose another child to leave the room.
- REPEAT – REPEAT – REPEAT until dinner is ready. 🙂
I have yet to meet a child who doesn’t love this fun Thanksgiving game so give it a go! If you have some older children they can help run the game after you get them going. Thanksgiving dinner might just get on the table this year! 🙂
Here are some Thanksgiving Ideas you might want to try as well: