This Halloween game for kids is a hit with children of all ages!
volunteer get put in charge of your child’s classroom Halloween party this year? Or did you your child think it would be fun to throw a Halloween party at your house? If so, DON’T FRET. I have got. you. covered. I’ve never met a child who didn’t love playing Don’t Eat Pete! and this monster version is perfect for Halloween! Nothing spooky, just pure cuteness!
So in case you don’t know or have forgotten how to play Don’t Eat Pete! allow me to give a little explanation.
How to Play Don’t Eat Pete! (a Halloween Game for Kids)
- Place a piece of candy on each monster (any small, one bite type of candy will work).
- Pick one child to leave the room.
- Have the other children quietly decide and agree upon which monster is “PETE” for that round.
- Tell the child who left the room to return.
- That child then proceeds to eat the candies off of each monster. He/she can continue eating candies until he/she picks the one on “PETE.” When they pick “PETE’S” candy, all the kids yell “Don’t eat Pete!” and that round is over.
- Another child then leaves the room and you start over again. Be sure to place more candy on the sheet to replace the ones that have been eaten!
It is so simple, so inexpensive and, I’m telling you, the kids can’t get enough! You could play this the entire party and no one would ever complain! PIN IMAGE BELOW FOR LATER!
If you are looking for more Halloween party games, however, be sure to check out this fun Halloween Worksheet Word Scramble that kids will love doing as well!
And if you want to add in some humor to the party, I created three pages of Halloween jokes that you can cut apart share too!