This DIY St. Patrick’s Day sign comes together in a snap with the help of a vinyl stencil!
I am currently planning out my St. Patrick’s Day mantel decor and the only thing I have set in stone is that I HAD to re-create the LOVE sign I made for my Valentine’s Day mantel! I was so sad to take it down! So I designed a LUCKY St. Patrick’s Day sign and I may love it even more, you guys.
I’m also going to show you a little more detail on how to apply a vinyl stencil as well since I received a few questions on that.
I have a long love affair with the wood rounds you can purchase at Home Depot or Lowes. They are perfect for DIY signs! A darling shape all ready to go for you with no prep work. So here’s what you’ll need if you would like to make a sign like this yourself:
Materials Needed for DIY St. Patrick’s Day Sign:
(some links are affiliate links for your convenience, click here for full disclosure)
- 17″ Wood Round (I purchased mine at Home Depot)
- White acrylic craft paint
- Green acrylic craft paint
- Painter’s Tape (I used the 1.88″ width)
- foam brushes
- Krylon Gold Spray Paint
- LUCKY Stencil (you can create one with your Silhouette or Cricut or purchase one in my Etsy shop HERE) For the LUCK I used the Hello Sunshine font–one of my faves!– which you can get HERE
- For the Y, in LUCKY I actually decided to use the Y from the Hello Beautiful font which you can get HERE. It’s just a matter of personal preference to have it a little “loopier” or not!
STEP ONE: Paint wood round with white craft paint and allow to dry completely. Then, apply painter’s tape in stripes. I used one piece as a spacer and moved it down as I went. It helped to keep the stripes even and straight. Way easier than measuring and marking with a pencil or something (especially with a weird width like 1.88″).
STEP TWO: Paint stripes with green craft paint. A couple of light coats will do the trick!
STEP THREE: Remove painter’s tape while 2nd coat is still wet. Then allow to dry completely.
for tips on how to apply a vinyl stencil and finish your Lucky sign!