Make this quick DIY Valentine’s Day sign for the holiday or for all year long!
You might already know that I have a thing with making signs for holidays. It’s just so fun to take some wood, add some paint and have something custom that is EXACTLY what I want it to be! Not to mention it is much much much less expensive than buying one as well. The upcoming Valentine’s Day holiday is no exception for my DIY sign obsession. I wanted to create my Valentine’s Day mantel using blush pinks, gold and white and needed a Valentine’s Day sign to with it.
I also have a fairly out-of-control obsession with these 17″ wood rounds you can buy at Home Depot or Lowes. They are like $12 and a perfect canvas for creating whatever you want. So I went and got another one and set to work designing something for an awesome DIY Valentine’s Day sign. You can see other things I’ve made on these rounds HERE and HERE.
If you want to make one, here is what you’ll need and what you’ll need to do (affiliate links below for your convenience):
- Wood round
- craft paint (get the perfect color for your project!) . I used Cameo Blush by Folk Art.
- Gold Spray paint
- LOVE stencil (use a vinyl cutter of your own or I’ve added this in my Etsy shop for purchase HERE) Font is called Hello Sunshine.
STEP ONE: Paint wood round desired color with craft paint. Allow to dry.
STEP TWO: Apply stencil and burnish down to avoid bleeding. Apply several light coats for best coverage.
STEP THREE: Allow spray paint to dry and then remove stencil carefully.
It was a really quick sign to make and I love its addition to my Valentine’s Day mantel this year! You can see the rest of my mantel decor HERE!
Happy Valentine Crafting!
OTHER VALENTINE’S DAY POSTS YOU WILL LOVE:
- DIY Striped Love Wood Sign
- DIY Valentine’s Day Decorations and Mantel Decor Ideas
- DIY Valentine’s Day and LOVE Signs
- Valentine’s Day Decor: Pink and Gold Mantel
- Valentine’s Day Mantel Decor and Printable
** PIN THIS IDEA TO SAVE THIS DIY VALENTINE’S DAY SIGN FOR LATER!! **