I think most of us try our hardest to eat healthy during the spring and summer months so we can eat practically sinful dishes during November and December! All of those baked goods, creamy soups and ultra comfort foods are absolutely irresistible and this Creamed Corn with Bacon is definitely one of those dishes!
First of all, it has bacon and we all know that just automatically makes it better. There is also cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and cream included in the recipe. It’s ultra rich and I’m giving you full permission to make it with no guilt! Well, at least during the holidays!
This is actually a great recipe to make for a dressed up side dish for your Thanksgiving feast or Christmas dinner. You will wow your guests for sure! Super creamy and pure comfort!
And I’ll share a secret…it’s also great to make during the summer as a BBQ side dish using all that fresh corn off the cob!
Try these other delicious recipes from My Name Is Snickerdoodle this holiday season.
Ultimate Creamed Corn with Bacon
- 32 oz. Frozen Corn Thawed
- 4 Strips Bacon Cut Into Small Bits
- 1/2 Medium Yellow Onion Finely Diced
- 3 TBSP butter
- 4 TBSP All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 3/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese Freshly Grated
- 1/2 tsp Freshly Cracked Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- In a large pot, saute bacon bits over medium high heat. Spoon out bacon, leaving the grease in the pot, and place the cooked bits on a paper towel.
- Saute onion in bacon grease for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add half of the bacon back in and add in butter.
- Once the butter has melted whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly pour in milk, continually whisking to prevent lumps. Mixture should thicken slightly.
- Once it's smooth, stir in the cream, cream cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- When the cream cheese is melted and mixture is smooth stir in corn, salt and pepper.
- Turn heat down to low to prevent scalding and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Garnish with remaining bacon bits and serve hot.