Try this delicious Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread to make all of your “everything pumpkin” dreams come true this fall!
It’s pumpkin season again and everyone is going crazy with pumpkin everything. Don’t get me wrong, I love the sweet little squash, but the hype is a little much for me at times. Forget the ice creams, cookies, and pumpkin rolls. This bread is all I need to fill my pumpkin void. Well maybe several loaves of it–then I’ll be set.
This pumpkin chocolate chip bread is so tender and moist and studded with the perfect proportion of chocolate chips. Plus it’s a cinch to make and you’ll have two loaves–one for now and one for later. Or maybe one to share if you’re feeling extra generous. It’s pretty much foolproof and comes out perfect and beautiful and delicious every single time.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
Make it and you won’t be disappointed!
If you have lots of will power, try it cold with a glass of milk and see if you can resist reaching for another slice an extra time or two.
OTHER POSTS YOU WILL LOVE!
- Delicious Homemade Dinner Rolls You Will LOVE
- Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipes
- The Best Pumpkin Recipes You Need to Try!
- Delicious Apple Recipes You Need to Try!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- 2 ½ cups white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- *1 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 9×5-inch loaf pans or three 8×4-inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, mix flours, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt together. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugars, canned pumpkin, oil, eggs, vanilla, and 2/3 cup water until well combined and stir into dry ingredients, just until the dry ingredients are moistened and no dry streaks remain. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter in prepared pans.
- Bake the bread for 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove the bread from the oven and let sit for 10-15 minutes. Run a knife gently around the edge of the bread and turn the bread out, right side up, onto a wire rack to cool completely. After cooling, wrap the bread in a layer of plastic wrap and then a layer of tin foil.