Has school started for you and your family yet? We still have a few more weeks to go, but I’m gearing up to be a bit more with it this year and more organized. That includes school work/papers, calendar and mealtime! I tend to struggle a little bit when it comes to planning out a weekly menu. That is why I’m starting now at the end of summer to I can get ahead and not really have to think about it last minute! How about some yummy and quick enchiladas everyone is sure to love?
These Chicken and Green Chili Enchiladas are at the top of my list for a few reasons! My family loves them, they are fairly easy to assemble and can be made ahead of time.
I’ve even frozen them (unbaked) and they still turned out perfectly. I let them thaw on the counter for about an hour and increased the bake time by 10-15 minutes. Such a great idea if you REALLY want to be on top of your organizational game!
Chicken and Green Chili Enchiladas
Green Chili and Chicken Enchiladas
- 8-10 8 " Flour Tortillas
- 2 Cups cooked chicken shredded
- 3 Cups shredded cheese divided
- 1 14 oz cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 8 oz chopped green chilies
- Cherry Tomatoes sliced
- Avocado cubed
- Cilantro chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In each tortialla, place a little chicken and cheese in the center and roll up tightly.
- Place into baking dish tightly next to eachother.
- In a medium bowl mix together cream of chicken soup, sour cream and green chilies until well blended.
- Pour over the top, covered the tortillas completely.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese (about 1 1/2 cups).
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and enchiladas are bubbling.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with a drizzle of crema, tomatoes, avocado and cilantro if desired.