In case you’ve been searching for a perfect easy, no-oven meal, we’ve got your back. This caprese tortellini salad is basically summer in a bowl. If you have your own tomato and basil plants, you are doubly lucky because nothing beats homegrown tomatoes. If you don’t and want a flavor boost, hit up your local farmers market. And though the ingredient list is short, flavor is definitely not lacking here!
And the best part? It’s ready in under 15 minutes. It would make a fantastic pot luck side and you wouldn’t have to make a big fuss over keeping it cold. Rotisserie chicken is a great addition here, too if you want to add a little protein and make it a meal on it’s own. We like it with our favorite tomato-basil vinaigrette with a bit of balsamic for some earthy sweetness– you really could use any favorite vinaigrette for dressing or you can keep it simple and just use balsamic vinegar and olive oil. So, no matter your dressing choice, you’re gonna wanna make this one…
Caprese Tortellini Salad
- 1 9 ounce package Buitoni tortellini
- 1 dry pint grape tomatoes quartered
- A few handfuls of fresh basil thinly sliced--chiffonade style
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella balls or fresh slices torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup tomato basil vinaigrette optional
- 1 tablespoon oilve oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
For the dressing
- Cook tortellini according to directions on package. Drain, and rinse in cold water.
- Combine pasta, tomatoes, basil, and fresh mozzarella. In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and vinaigrette (if desired), salt, and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat.