A quick and simple chicken pasta recipe that the whole family will love!
With the school year back in full swing, we’re always on the hunt for dinnertime solutions that are fast and easy while still satisfying and family-pleasing. This Cajun chicken pasta is a perfect candidate. It doesn’t take much prep or planning and only requires a handful of ingredients. Both of our families ate it right up!
Start by putting some linguini on to boil and sauteeing some strips of chicken in olive oil. Add in some diced sun dried tomatoes, cajun seasoning, and half and half. Combine with cooked pasta and you have yourself a pretty darn good dinner that is packed with delicious flavors in under 30 minutes!
Serve with a side salad or some steamed veggies. Enjoy!
Cajun Chicken Pasta
Cajun Chicken Pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1.25 pounds raw chicken breast cut into strips (you can use grilled chicken too)
- 1 ½-2 teaspoons cajun seasoning I use McCormick brand
- 2 green onions sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons sundried tomatoes chopped (I used the ones packed in oil)
- 1 ½ - 2 cups half and half
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 ounces linguini pasta
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated, fresh is best
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat a 12 inch deep skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and sliced chicken breast. Sprinkle with cajun seasoning; stirring to coat the chicken evenly. Add salt and pepper to taste. While chicken is cooking add the green onion and sundried tomatoes to the pan. Stir occasionally until the chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Add the half and half, basil, garlic powder and let the sauce lightly simmer for a few minutes. Add the cooked pasta and top with fresh grated Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
- If you don’t serve right away, or when reheating, consider adding a little milk or more half and half if the pasta has soaked up most of the liquid.