This amazing Grilled Flank Steak Marinade is so easy and is definitely a crowd-pleaser!
Whether you are reading this in the middle of summer or the dead of winter you need to figure out a way to fire up that grill and try this amazing grilled flank steak marinade. Anytime we are having company I make it! And, like I said, I don’t even care if I have to put on snow boots to walk it out to the grill. Ha! This is a family favorite and the best part? Only a few simple ingredients are required to make this meat candy.
Here are the ingredients ready for their photoshoot. 😉
Amazing Grilled Flank Steak Marinade Ingredients:
½ C. soy sauce
3 T. brown sugar
2 T. lemon juice
1 chopped onion
4 cloves garlic—pressed
¼ t. pepper
2 T. oil
I usually buy my flank steaks from Costco. Two come in a package. I would double the marinade recipe because, believe me, you’ll want leftovers so go ahead and grill both steaks at the same time.
Using a sharp knife, score the flank steaks lightly in a criss-cross pattern (you can see it in the grilling photo below) on both sides and then put both steaks and the marinade into a gallon size ziploc bag. Here it shall remain overnight.
Now take those deliciously infused steaks out and grill! I do high heat on both sides for about 1-2 minutes each to sear the meat. Then I turn down the heat a bit and do a few more minutes on each side.
Remove from grill. Let it sit for a minute so the juices absorb back into the meat. Then cut into strips and enjoy!
Amazing Grilled Flank Steak Marinade
An easy marinade to to pull together and the flank steak will melt in your mouth!
- 1/2 Cup soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ea onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- Using a sharp knife, score each side of your flank steaks in a criss-cross pattern.
- Add all ingredients to gallon sized zip lock bag.
- Put now scored flank steaks into zip lock bag and marinade overnight.
- When ready to cook, heat grill to high and grill flank steaks on high heat for about 1-2 minutes on each side. Then turn down heat and grill for a few more minutes on each side.
- Remove from grill and allow to sit for about 10 minutes.
- Cut into strips and enjoy!
Perfect for Father’s Day or a delicious summer BBQ with family and friends! Happy grilling!
OTHER POSTS YOU WILL LOVE!