Halloween is coming! Halloween is coming! If you’re planning on throwing a party this year, make this spooky slime as a Halloween party favor… everyone will love it!
Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and it never ceases to amaze me how many different ways there are to celebrate it! Even people who normally seem very reserved will go ALL OUT for Halloween. The house decor for Halloween has definitely escalated in the last 10 years or so, Halloween parties are as popular as ever and the Halloween costumes? People are so creative!
Today I thought I’d share an easy slime recipe that would be awesome to hand out if you are throwing one of those epic Halloween parties, or even if you’re just looking for a cute non-candy Halloween treat.
As you may have noticed, slime is all. the. rage. among kids these days. They can’t get enough! And who can blame them? It’s a science experiment that they get to play with afterward. And guess what Mom + Dad? It’s pretty inexpensive entertainment too. Perfect! There are lots of different kinds and ways to make it which just adds to the fun.
This easy slime recipe just takes a few ingredients and can be left clear or you can add food coloring (like we did) to give it any kind of look you might want.
SUPPLIES NEEDED (may contain affiliate links):
- Clear glue (2 bottles– only one is shown in the photo but you need 2)
- Sta-flo Liquid Starch
- food coloring of choice (to make a fun Halloween green we did 2 drops yellow, one blue)
- Any spooky add-ins you want! I used little Spider Table Sprinkles.
- Halloween Slime Tags (download HERE) or a more ink-friendly version HERE.
- 2″ circle punch (not totally necessary but makes cutting out the tags easier!)
STEPS TO MAKE SPOOKY HALLOWEEN SLIME: Halloween Party Favor
- Pour both bottles of clear glue into bowl and add food coloring as desired.
- Mix together well.
- Add 3 Tablespoons of Sta-flo, one tablespoon at a time, mixing between tablespoons. Mix well.
4. When slime begins forming, try taking it out of the bowl and working it with your hands.
5. If the slime is sticking to your hands (as shown in photo below), add a little more Sta-flo and continue to work it into the slime, adding more, little by little, until playing with it in your hands leaves your hands relatively clean.
6. Fold in your “spooky add ins!” This is where you can really make the slime fun and perfect for any occasion.
Have your kids give these to friends, hand them out at your annual Halloween party as a Halloween party favor or just make the slime and have your family play with it at the kitchen table! My daughter thinks any occasion is a slime occasion so you really can’t go wrong.
ME WANT COOKIE! You too?
Sign up for Landee's newsletter and receive this free e-book of her favorite cookie recipes! Your family will LOVE them!
Plus you will receive information and inspiration all about creating a unique and happy home that you can be proud of right in your inbox each week!