A delicious and tangy Chicken Apple Pasta Salad recipe that is definitely a crowd-pleaser!
When I was growing up every spring my mom and I would drive to Utah to spend some time with my extended family. We typically had a big family gathering and that always involved food! My Aunt Lisa brought a brand new dish and every single one of us was very skeptical when she told us she brought Chicken Apple Pasta Salad. Say what? I had never heard of eating chicken and apples together and thought it was just plain weird!
I was only 13 at the time so I know I hadn’t experienced much! I remember my mom giving me that look like “Be polite and take some.”. I did and instantly fell in love with it! The chicken and apples work really well together. Plus the grapes and celery give it some great crunch. It’s a unique salad that I’m sure everyone will love! Keep this bookmarked as I’m sure it will quickly become your favorite pasta salad recipe.
The original salad only had mayo, salt and pepper for the dressing. I’ve amped it up a bit, making the dressing a little more tangy and creamy!
- 12 oz Corkscrew Pasta
- 2 cups Cooked Chicken Cubed
- 2 cups Red Grapes Sliced in Half
- 2 ribs Celery Sliced Thin
- 2 medium Granny Smith Apples
- 1 1/2 cups Mayonnaise
- 2 TBSP Honey
- 2 TBSP white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Poppy Seeds
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Rinse in cold water and drain well.
- Core apples and cut into bite size pieces.
- In a large bowl mix together pasta, chicken, grapes, celery and apples.
- In a small bowl whisk together remaining ingredients and pour over pasta.
- Toss until well combined.
- Serve immediately.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate.