The school year is coming to a close very quickly here (::insert me crying::).
I know we all want to show our children's teachers how much we appreciate everything they have done throughout these past nine months! NINE. MONTHS. That is a loooong time, you guys.
Now, I have seen some ADORABLE ideas for teachers like beach bags full of summer fun supplies and giant popcorn buckets filled with movie-going goodies and whatnot. But, when I see these things, all I can think about is how that poor teacher then has to carry all of that out to her car on the last day of school along with all the other
junk stuff she received and I just can't fathom it. I HATE carrying loads of stuff to my car so my empathy kicks in and I can't do that to these poor teachers. Unscientific studies have shown that really, all teachers want is GIFT CARDS, GIFT CARDS, and more GIFT CARDS. Why do we stray from this? Because we want to give them something cute and creative, that's why.
So today I'm sharing a cute & creative project to give a Target gift card to your child's wonderful teacher! This can be easily thrown in her purse so she can be on her merry way. ::sigh of relief::
S U P P L I E S N E E D E D:
- A printout of the card trimmed to a 4x6 size, preferably on cardstock. Downloadable HERE.
- A piece of black cardstock cut about 1/4 inch larger than card.
- Corner rounder (optional)
- Baker's twine (or ribbon)
- Target Gift Card
I N S T R U C T I O N S:
1. After trimming card down to size, use exacto-knife (on cutting surface) to cut a slit for the gift card. Follow the line along top edge of the white part of the target. Only cut the slit wide enough for the card to fit through snugly. Not too wide.
2. Round the corners of the printed card and black cardstock (optional).
3. Adhere the printed card to the black cardstock. Note: Do not put adhesive where the gift card will be.
4. "Cute up" the card by wrapping it in baker's twine or ribbon.
5. Slide gift card in and give to your child's teacher!
I'm hoping this makes the end-of-the-year craziness just that much easier!
I'll be sharing a couple more End of the Year Teacher Gift ideas in my upcoming posts so be sure to check back!
Link parties I participate in: Tatertots & Jello, I Heart Naptime