Leesh and Lu here with a sanity-saving recipe to share! These Oven Tacos are so. so. good. I can’t believe I had never thought to bake tacos in the oven before I came upon this recipe. It makes serving them a breeze, because all 20 of them are ready to eat at once, so they are perfect for a potluck or feeding a crowd. They also make a great no-fuss weeknight meal. They are fast and easy and you can even prep the filling ahead of time if you need to.
The ground beef and refried bean filling is perfectly seasoned and a breeze to throw together. (We used our Homemade Taco Seasoning.) Put a scoop of filling in each shell, top with a pinch of cheese, and bake until warm and melty. Don’t skimp on the toppings, though. They are what take these tacos from good to great. Our favorites are salsa, guacamole, sour cream, cilantro, and sliced black olives. Shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes are fabulous, too. This 30-minute meal is great for hectic holiday evenings. Hope you’ll try it and let us know what you think.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 cups shredded Colby-jack cheese
- 18-20 hard taco shells
- Optional Condiments-
- Lettuce (shredded)
- Tomato (diced)
- Sour Cream
- Olives, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 and stand up the taco shells against each other in a 9x13 pan.
- Over med-high heat, cook beef and onions with garlic salt until beef is cooked through and onions are soft. Add chilies, taco seasoning, tomato sauce, and refried beans. Cook for a few minutes until the mixture is nice and thick.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the taco shells. Put a pinch of grated cheese on top of the meat mixture in each shell. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with shredded lettuce, sour cream, diced tomatoes or salsa, guac, olives...or any favorite taco toppings!