Pray Printable

I have had a heavy heart as of late.  Well,  really it’s been over a year but it’s ramped up here in the last couple of weeks.  My amazingly awesome Dad has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.  As many of you know, I’m sure, this is not good.  Not at all.  He was originally diagnosed around this time last year, went through chemo and radiation.  The mass which was on his pancreas was cancer free for a while and things were looking up.  We breathed a sigh of relief… for about 3 seconds.
Then he began having some pain again and it steadily got worse over the past few months.   He was in constant pain until last week when they put in a pain pump which basically douses the area around his pancreas with a numbing agent/morphine.  As that was happening they did a scan and the mass on his pancreas had increased in size.
My dad, shown here, with a mere fraction of his grandkids.  I adore this photo.
A second round of chemo is not proving to be a viable option and things are not lining up the way I had hoped.  What I had HOPED was that he would be the 1 in a billion who beat pancreatic cancer.  What I had HOPED was that he would be there for my daughter’s wedding.  What I had HOPED was that he would be around for another 20 years since he is only a mere 69 years old.  Now I’m just hoping that he sticks around for longer than the six months they have given him and doesn’t leave us even one day sooner.
Since hope doesn’t seem to be working for me, I’ve turned even more to prayer.  I know I can’t thwart God’s will but it has been amazing to know peace and comfort as I ask for it through prayer.  When no amount of distraction can take my mind off of this and sleep eludes me, prayer is the only thing that brings me back around.  It truly is a gift.
My friend has this saying on her refrigerator and I absolutely love it… “Pray every morning, every evening and often in between.”  I wanted it in my house too, especially now, so I created this printable and am sharing it with you today.

You can download a non-watermarked, high-quality version in 4×6 (perfect for handouts in church or to give to a friend), 5×7, 8×10 and 16×20  HERE.
(And that fabulous frame is from the awesome Etsy shop Orange Blossom Shop)
I have now placed it prominently in my kitchen as a reminder to me and my family.

My hope for this is that it reminds you that there is always someone to turn to at. any. time. and we are never alone… and prayer is a powerful thing.

Link parties:  Tatertots & Jello, I Heart Naptime

Comments

1. Kim @ Plumberry Pie says

prayers to you and your family. I’ve been praying a lot lately too. We just put my dad in a nursing home. To watch our parents age and fall ill is so very difficult. All the best to you.

Hugs to you, your dad and the rest of your family! My cousin’s wife lost her battle to this about a month ago.

3. Rita says

Landee, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. You are in my heart and in my prayers. It is such a difficult thing to watch someone you love suffer and go through hard things. May the you find love and comfort through this trying time.

4. Alyssa says

I’m so sorry to hear about you and your dad. But I’m so thankful that you’ve been able to find comfort in God — He is the Great Physician, for you and your dad! :) I’ll be praying for you and your sweet family, too.

5. Clifton and Melinda says

I know you don’t know me but I have been following your blog for a long time now. I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I hope that you will be able to spend time with him and that you will be able to make more memories with him and your children. Thank you for the printable. So many of us need to remember to pray more often. This is a perfect reminder.

6. Amanda says

Praying for your family…I know all too well the pains of pancreatic cancer as I have a grandfather and an uncle (same family) who battled it all too soon in their lives, and are now part of the heavenly celebration of life. I pray for a peace that passes all understanding for your father as he battles and for your family as you walk thru this. What a beautiful wordart you have created – blessing others thru your trials! Your kitchen looks beautiful and I love the frame you put the wordart in – where is it from?!

7. Nancy lilimae1@verizon.net says

Prayers for your dad. Sometimes we want reminders even when we prayer without realizing it. My husband just lost a friend to cancer 2 weeks ago, and his cousin was killed in a freak accident in the storms in Delaware last week… she opened the door to let the dog ut and the wind blew her and the door into the yard. Her spine was severed and her neck broken. And my poor husband has been having tests to rule out prostate/bladder cancer. But Jesus is our great healer and we have faith. Blessings to your family.

8. Michelle says

So sorry to hear about your dad. Your post hits very close to my own heart today. Cancer is terrible and watching those you love suffer through it is horrible. However, you just have to make the most of every day you have as each day is a blessing. We lost my mom 7 years ago tomorrow. She fought for 3 years until her body just couldn’t take it anymore. I will tell you it is prayer and feeling the Lord lift me up during the sad times that has helped me through. Prayers for you and your family for comfort, strength, and peace.

9. Melissa K. says

I’m sorry for what your family is going through. I have been praying more myself lately.

Thank you for the beautiful printable, I’m going to make prints for my MOPS table mates.

10. Carol says

To My Tifferz–I’m putting this on your blog for all the world to see. You are an amazing woman with talents, love, kindness, an over-sized funny bone and a zest for life. You are a wonderful wife, mother, friend and my favorite niece. (Don’t worry all you other nieces–you’re my favorites too. I promise.) Where do you get all this? From your Dad, of course. How do I know this? Good grief–just look at your Dad. His talents are off the charts–he’s always had a great sense of humor, his love of God and family cannot be measured. . . .I could go on and on. He is one of my favorite heroes and I love him very much. His courage and grace are examples to us all. We are all blessed to have him in our lives. This “prayer” printable is perfect. I will be printing it today for my house and will be using it in my next RS lesson. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I love you Tifferz. Yes, I do.
    Aunt Carol

11. Heather says

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I’d recommend getting a few video clips and voice recordings. I had my grandma say something she loved about each of my children so that have that little sound clip. It has brought them great comfort.

12. Sarah says

Landee, you are one of my most favorite blogs and I love your generous heart to give out all those printables. So sorry about your Dad. I will be praying for him as well and send much love to your family. Prayer is powerful!

13. Kerry says

I’m sorry to hear what your family is going through. My pastor said that “Hope” was not wishing – it was actually very similar to “trust”. It is your trust that something will happen. I often switch the two when I am in contemplation over something. Anyway – if you substitute “trust” for “Hope” in your last sentence – then your TRUST in God is a powerful statement for your family through this time.

14. Kerri says

I had no idea about your dad until today! I am so very sorry! We are in somewhat similar situations with our parents. A year ago last Saturday we were visiting my parents in CA and my mom had a brain aneruism. Miracles occured and she lived and survived the brain surgery and stayed in the ICU at Stanford for 4 weeks. It’s now been a year, but she is undergoing another brain surgery in 2 weeks and I have been looking for the perfect gift to send her way and this is it! I think I need one for myself as well! Can you share with me where you got the frame? Thanks for sharing this with each of us! Your family will be in my prayers! Hugs!!!

15. Kim says

I am very sorry to hear about your Dad! I went through this last year with my Dad and cancer. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Hugs to you!

16. Elizabeth Brooke says

I love your blog and always so enjoy your posts.Tonight it was with great sadness that I read your words. You beautifully shared such heart breaking news. I will pray for your Dad, you and all your family and add your intentions to our prayer chain.God bless and stay with all of you.

17. Lanita Anderson says

Landee,
    I’m so sorry to hear the news about your Dad. I lost my Dad to cancer 6 years ago, so I know what you are going through. What a blessing it is to pray during difficult times like this! Praying for you and your family.
    Blessings,
    Lanita

18. Becki says

I lost my Dad to the same cancer 13 years ago. Thank you for sharing this printable with all of us, even as you are going through this.

19. Princess Kimi says

Odd. No mention of your sister who has made it way more betterer. Yet still sucky. But yeah. This blows but the printable is awes. Send me one in the Tiffany blue and add “trust God”.

20. Connie says

I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. I love your parents and am saying prayers for your sweet mother too as your mom and dad are a packaged pair, I always think of them together.

Sorry to hear about your dad. My father lost his battle with leukemia within the year that he was diagnosed. The only advise I can provide is to cherish every second with your dad in the company of your children. Keeping your family in my prayers!

22. Erin says

I’m so sorry. I lost my father to skin cancer nine years ago. He lived three and a half years longer than his given six months, but he was more ornery than most. I never truly understood what it meant to always have a prayer in your heart until that seemed to be all that was keeping us (and me) together. I pray that your family will find peace in whatever course the Lord sets before you.

23. Denver Sims says

Ugh, Tiff. I’m so sorry about what you’re going through. I have watched way too many people I care about deal with cancer and all its ugliness. :(

Sending love and prayers and thoughts to your dad. What a cute man! Love you! -Mel

24. Rachel says

I had no idea. And my heart was so heavy reading this. So grateful that we have God to depend on, to trust, to rest in.

Asking Him to cover you in peace, to fill you with JOY, even in moments that seem dark. Asking Him to light the way, to bring beautiful new things out of hard things. Asking Him for sweet times and funny times and cherished times.

Asking Him to be ever present in your time of need.

And especially, asking Him for healing for your dad. For no pain. For absolute certainty that he is loved by the One who made him.

Thank you for this printable – this reminder that we can talk to our Creator all the day and night long.

Keeping you in prayer.

25. Liz says

I know your pain and your dad’s pain as my mom succumbed to pancreatic cancer. My heart goes out to you and your family.
    “Lord hear my prayer and grant him and his family peace.”

I am so sorry for your loss. I am going to print out your prayer quotes as I pray for my ill father. Thank you for the comfort.
    Karen V from PA

27. Mei says

Hi!

Came across this on pinterest and found this post. Sorry to hear of the cancer, hope all’s better.

Pinned onto my parenting eczema kids board, because there is a lot of wisdom and partnership required from and with God to raise our kids, also for help with the eczema.

Hugs!

I just wanted to say, first, thank you for the beautiful printables. I have been looking for something like this to hang in my house; second, I will be praying for your family and your father. We are never ready to let our dad leave us, no matter how old we get!

29. micupoftea says

I’ve lost my parents and in laws and it is so tough going through this- sending all good wishes and prayers for your family. Thank you for the downloads- I am going to use one right away!

30. babette says

Surtout beaucoup de courage a vous et a votre petite famille, le cancer du pancréas n est pas un cancer lent et du fait de sa rapidité la famille n a pas le temps de dire au revoir et bien souvent on exprime beaucoup de regret. Alors prenez soins de lui et de vous entourez votre pere avec votre amour et dites le lui…. je prie pour lui et pour votre famille
    bises
    babette

31. Melissa says

Just found this beautiful printable. Thank you! Sorry to hear about the prompting of this, but it looks like you’ve blessed many by your response to look to Jesus!