I came across this recipe in the latest issue of Family Fun Magazine and I had to try it out! I loved the idea of adding popcorn to cookies (I’m a sucker for the salty & sweet combo) and while I usually substitute chocolate chips in any cookie recipe that requires raisins, I figured Raisinetes might be the one exception to that rule. And I was right!
These are so unique and yummy. These would be so fun at a movie themed birthday party or a movie night with your family!
MOVIE NIGHT COOKIES
2.5 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temp
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1.5 cups milk chocolate Raisinets
3 cups buttered & salted popcorn
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Mix flour, baking soda and salt in bowl.
3. In large bowl, using a mixer (hand or stand), cream butter until it’s light and fluffy. Add both sugars and blend until well combined.
4. Add one of the eggs to butter & sugar mixture. Add JUST THE YOLK of the second egg. Add vanilla and mix until well combined.
5. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients in three batches, mixing well after each addition.
6. Stir in Raisinets and then gently fold in popcorn (I did this with the cookie paddle attachement on low speed).
7. Drop by spoonfuls (about 2 T. each) onto parchment lined cookie sheet and bake about 14 minutes.