A fun way to spruce up some cheap plastic Easter eggs!
For the past few days I’ve been working on putting together my Easter mantel. I sort of settled on a color scheme and overall style and then realized I needed some cute Easter eggs to go along with it all.
I love the cute jute wrapped Easter eggs I’ve been seeing but that really isn’t the look I was going for this year. So I decided to apply the same principle only using baker’s twine instead!
Baker’s Twine Easter Eggs Supplies Needed:
(some links are affiliate links for your shopping convenience, click here for full disclosure)
- cheap plastic Easter eggs
- Baker’s twine (in a few different colors)
- hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Mod Podge & foam brush
Easy Baker’s Twine Easter Eggs Tutorial:
1. Pick a cheap plastic Easter egg in a similar color as your baker’s twine. The egg will inevitably show through in places so it’s best to have them close.
2. Hot glue the end of your baker’s twine to one end of the egg. Allow to dry.
3. Apply mod podge part-way down the egg and begin wrapping the baker’s twine. No need to pull it super tight. Some close-yet-loose winding will do the trick.
4. Continue mod podging and wrapping until you reach the point where the egg begins to taper again.
5. After a few frustrating attempts at wrapping the egg continuously from one end to the other, I began to realize it is almost impossible to keep the twine close and even when going from the fatter part of the egg to the skinnier. It works like a charm from skinny to fat, but vice versa? Fuggetaboutit. I finally figured out that I needed to just cut the twine mid-way down the egg and begin again from the other end.
6. Mod podge and wrap until you meet the other half of your wrapped twine, trim it off and snuggle it down in there. After taking this photo I adjusted the twine a little to make the gaps less noticeable.
7. Repeat with desired colors and end up with a basket full of baker’s twine cuteness!
Pin Image below for later!
Happy Easter crafting!
Join Landee's Newsletter!
Keep up on all the latest tips, recipes and more straight in your inbox!