I don’t know about you but I need an ACTUAL RECIPE to make things. So, this year, after more begging, I convinced Cal to TRY and write up an actual recipe that I (and you) could follow. It did NOT disappoint! It does take 2 days (not straight, mind you) but it’s super easy.
Here is the recipe, as written by Cal…. enjoy!
- Leftover (usually from Easter or Christmas) “honey-glazed” smoked, spiral-cut style hambone with generous amount of ham remaining including (and very importantly) the sugary juice and any bits of honey glaze. I have always used HoneyBaked or Costco. The “honey-glazed” style is crucial. If you don’t have that style, add sugar to a regular ham (about 2/3 C. brown sugar).
- Canned corn to taste (usually one can)
- Canned green beans to taste (usually one can)
- Canned peas to taste (usually one can)
- Canned diced tomatoes to taste (usually two large or three regular-sized cans)
- Canned diced green chilies to taste (usually two small cans)
- Fresh petit or regular carrots to taste (usually 15-20 or so medium sized petit carrots or 2-3 medium sized regular carrots chopped up)
- Fresh diced potatoes to taste (usually 2-3 large)
- One bag of cut frozen okra (not breaded)
- Oregano to taste (I like a lot)
- Seasoned Salt and pepper to taste
- Sage to taste
That last line kills me. And he really does want emails, by the way. 🙂
Link parties I participate in: Tip Junkie, Someday Crafts, Tatertots & Jello, I Heart Naptime, Lolly Jane, Be Different Act Normal, Craftomaniac, Today’s Creative Blog, Flamingo Toes, Skip To My Lou, Thrifty Decor Chick
Join Landee's Newsletter!
Keep up on all the latest tips, recipes and more straight in your inbox!