Festival of Trees: Glitter Cardstock Trees

This is part of a series of posts dedicated to easy “tree themed” crafts for Christmas.  You can see the first edition here: Thumbtack Trees.  If you have a “crafty tree” post you’ve done either this season or last, email me!  I’d love to feature it as part of this series! {landeeseelandeedo@gmail.com}

You know I love me some scrapbook paper.  So it makes sense I would want to use some for one of my tree projects, right?   Were you also aware that there is such a thing as GLITTER cardstock?  It’s like my detestation of working with glitter (yet loving the look) and my adoration of cardstock had a baby…. after they got married, of course.  :)

So, I picked myself up a few sheets and then got out my Martha Stewart Hydrangea Punch which I bought a while ago while working on my spring mantel.  I knew that $10 for the punch would not go to waste!

And then I got out my “dress maker pins*” (I think that’s what they call these kind of pins with the ball at the end). *note, we are not making a dress.  It’s still ok to use these.

I punched out a bunch of flowers and began pinning them on my styrofoam cone, starting at the bottom.

Repeat until your styrofoam cone is covered in glittery flowers!

Then proceed to make them in the colors of your choosing.  I mixed the solid green glitter with the polka dot glitter cardstock for the green tree and it turned out so cute!

I LOVE how these turned out and will probably be making a few more this year for the festivities!

PS Happy 11-11-11!!!!

Link parties I participate in: Tip Junkie, Sugar Bee, Not Just a Housewife, Someday Crafts, Tatertots & Jello, I Heart Naptime, Lolly Jane, Be Different Act Normal, Craftomaniac, Today’s Creative Blog, Somewhat Simple, Flamingo Toes, Skip To My Lou, Thrifty Decor Chick

Comments

Do you have any idea how friggin’ cute those are!?!? Oh wait, you do, they’re sitting in front of you.
    They’d be so fun on round styrofoam balls for other times of the year too!
    Now where did I put that Michael’s coupon……

Hold the phones, they make GLITTERED CARDSTOCK?!?! I’d love to stay and tell you how much I like these trees, but I have to rush out to the store. ;)

I LOVE this idea! They are so cute!! I’m your newest follower from the flamingo toes party. If you get a chance, I’d love you to stop by my blog & maybe follow along too!
    Sally
    loveofhomes.blogspot.com

4. Brandie says

Dropping by from COM, LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!! I think I will put my Silhouette to use tonight and cut some flowers since I dont have the punch. Thanks for the idea!

Hi Landeelu, what beautiful trees. So well done and so cute. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

I saw this idea when you first posted it and pinned it for later. I FINALLY got around to making them and they are getting all sorts of complements. Someone asked me where I bought them! Ha. Thank you so much for sharing your idea. :)