Truffle Round Up

I mentioned that I love dipping stuff in chocolate, didn’t I?

Yes, I’m sure I did.  It’s usually my opening line when meeting people.  “Hi, I’m Landee….I love dipping stuff in chocolate…oh, and my kids..and um, my husband and stuff.”  ::awkward silence::

So, of course, truffles are the perfect treat for me.  They’re easy to make.  They impress the pants off of people.  They look adorable.  And the very word “truffle” is extremely fancy.  Plus… dipped in chocolate, yo!

I rounded up my three favorite truffle recipes I’ve found so far.  Should you have any others I would be most obliged if you shared.  Like, I would love you forever, like you for always, etc. etc.

And no, I don’t usually make this many at once.  That would make me a certified truffle freak!  I had to make this many for a stake training meeting so I took pictures.  That is all.  NOT a truffle freak.  Not.  ::ahem::

CAKE BATTER TRUFFLES
(the most delicious of these three recipes if you ask me)

1 ½ cups flour
1 cup yellow cake mix
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
½ cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
3-4 Tablespoons milk (says the girl, but I actually ended up using close to 1/4 cup)
2 Tablespoons sprinkles
Vanilla Melting Chocolate

Beat together butter and sugar using an electric mixer until combined. Add cake mix, flour, salt, and vanilla and mix thoroughly. Add 3 Tablespoons of milk or more if needed to make a dough consistency. Mix in sprinkles by hand. Roll dough into one inch balls and place on a parchment or wax paper lined cookie sheet. Chill balls in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to firm up.

While dough balls are chilling, melt vanilla melting chocolate and then dip away!  Place them on wax paper to set up, top with additional sprinkles and you’re done!

Chill cake batter truffles in the refrigerator until serving. Makes around 24-30 truffles.

How cute would these be with just pink or blue sprinkles for a baby shower, huh?  Red & green sprinkles at Christmas?  Or pastel sprinkles for Easter…or…or…or… you get the idea.

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH TRUFFLES
(found at recipegirl.com who found them on Food Network)

1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips

Milk chocolate melting chocolate for dipping!!

Additional chocolate chips, sprinkles, etc., optional for topping the truffles

1. In a large bowl, use electric mixer to cream together butter and brown sugar. Add vanilla. Beat in flour, 1 cup at a time, until it is mixed well. Beat in sweetened condensed milk and mix until well-combined. Stir in 1 cup of chocolate chips.

2. Cover bowl and refrigerate until dough is firm (at least 1 hour). Use cookie scoop to scoop out heaping tablespoonfuls, roll into balls and place on a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet. Place all of the rolled balls back into the refrigerator until you are ready to dip them in chocolate.

3. Melt chocolate and dip.  Top with additional mini-chocolate chips (or whatever, really).

Makes about 30-40 truffles.

OREO TRUFFLES

1 pkg. Oreos, crushed (I put them through the grater on my food processor)
1 8oz pkg. cream cheese
White chocolate melting chocolate
Chocolate melting chocolate for drizzling (optional but it looks nicer)

Mix Oreos and cream cheese until well blended.  Form into 1 inch balls and place on cookie sheet lined with wax paper.  Chill in fridge until firm.  I usually have better luck with the dipping if I freeze them first.   Dip in white chocolate and allow to set.  Then drizzle on milk chocolate to make them look fancier.   Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.  Makes about 30-35 truffles.

I’ve made a sheet which contains all these recipes on it for your ease and enjoyment.  Click on it to enlarge and then right click & save.

Again, don’t hold back if you have any delish truffle recipes you’ve tried.  I’m counting on you.
Linking up to some fun parties here!

Funky Junk Interiors

Comments

Sold!

My treat list is getting to be a little out of control for Easter – I already made the chocolate dipped marshmallow eggs. Yours are cuter, but you can check mine out at http://rindymae.blogspot.com/

I may just have to make these for Mother’s Day though. And yes, all of them. How could I try just ONE after looking at those pictures!?!?

I have been driving myself nuts trying to think of what I can serve at a Pampered Chef Open House that I’m doing next weekend. You’ve saved my life. A million thank-yous!!!

And now I have to do a practice run of all of them. That’s gonna be really bad on my diet. Thanks SO much!!!

I have a daughter who’s graduating in May, and these would be perfect! But, do you think you could make these ahead and freeze them? That would cut down on the last-minute fuss.

I made 600 truffles for a wedding a few years ago – oreo, cookie dough, and Nutter Butter. Lots of fun! Can’t wait to try the cake batter truffles – sounds Fantastic! :)

Landee, just exactly what is “melting chocolate”? I have trouble coating things in chocolate…I may be using the wrong thing. It sounds like it is different than melted candy wafers or melted chocolate chips (which is what I have been trying). YOUR truffles are gorgeous!

It‘s so nice that I found your blog about your link on Funky Junk Interiors. Of course I’ve scrolled a little and like what I see. Now I’m your new follower! ;)

Take care
    Tine

Yummy!

So I have been trying to print off your 5×7 spring print cuz I love it so much but everytime it looks a little pixely. I don’t know if I am doing something wrong?? Maybe you could email me the file if it isn’t too much of a hassle? jkbbswallow at msn dot com. k thanks! i love this new blog btw!

ok…found your blog a few weeks ago and I’m obsessed! What a WONDERFUL concept of your blog! I can’t wait to try these truffles. Oh my glory to heaven…they look DIVINE!

Wow landee! You did it again! Another amazing project–I love love love your truffles, can’t wait to make them ;)

I am featuring them tomorrow on Spunky Junky

xoxo
    Halsey

These all look delicious!! My favorite type of truffle to make is Nutella/Chocolate Cake. So delicious and sooo easy! Just bake chocolate cake, crumble, mix in a jar of nutella (aka heaven), form into balls and pour on the melted chocolate bark!!

11. Dana says

My favorite truffle (and my husband agrees!) came about by accident. I wanted to make shortbread bars, and so I found an easy recipe using a box cake mix. i didn’t have a jelly roll pan, however, so i made it a 9×13. It was too thick and didn’t bake all the way through, so i decided to roll it up and dip it in chocolate. It was by far the best truffle (and i’ve made all of the above kinds before). The salty butteryness of the shortbread went wonderfully with the crunchy, sweet chocolate… and the yellow and dark brown combo is pretty, too. TRY IT! :)

Okay, so I made the cake batter and the chocolate chip cookie dough truffles for my Pampered Chef thing, and they were a huge hit, but I also found another idea and went with it, too. It was won.der.ful.

Okay, all you need is a box of Jello cheesecake mix (not the pudding mix–you want the kind with the crust mix, too), one cup of milk, and a jar of stemless maraschino cherries. Combine the cheesecake pudding packet with the graham cracker crumb packet (keep a bit back for garnish) and milk. Then, scoop a little into a small cookie scoop to fill about halfway. Then stuff a cherry into the cheesecake and push it in a little bit. Then fill the scoop up the rest of the way. Put them on wax paper and then freeze for about an hour. Take them out in batches to coat with the chocolate of your choice (I used white). Then sprinkle with the reserved crumbs.

And save me some. :) They’re super yummy!!

13. KristanT says

Successfully made the Oreo and Cake Batter ones… I tried just rolling them in chocolate… it didn’t work out… so I added Cookie Sticks and turned them into TrufflePops!!! They were a hit!!

I tried to do the Cookie ones, but the batter never turned into a dough… added more flour (big mistake) and it tasted like flour with choco chips…

Okay… I printed it off and made all of them. OH MY WORD THESE ARE DELICIOUS! These are really great, and I appreciate your posting about them. I love love LOVE the Oreo truffles, but the cake batter are pretty good too. Yummy. Thank you.

Hugs,
    Melinda

I also had the problem of the cookie dough ones not turning into dough..i mean it would have been a fine consisitency had i actually been making cookies but to try to roll them into balls was definitely not going to work and i even refrigerated the dough for over 2 hours…any idea what could have been wrong??

I made some of the Oreo Truffles this past Christmas using the Peppermint flavored cookies, and dipped them in dark chocolate. They were absolutely delicious! Tasted just like a York Peppermint Patty!

Not sure if you’ve ever tried the other oreo cookie flavors for your oreo truffles – but the Mint and the Peanut Butter ones work marvelous as well!!

Very cute – I have to say I love Cookie DOugh Truffles!Of course the other two are great also. Brownie Truffles are awesome too. What kind of chocolate coating do you use? Have you heard of CandiQuik? I know you would love the taste and quality. Found you on pinterest :)
    Sarah @ Miss CandiQuik

I personally love the website of cookiesandcups.com. They have some really good recipes for everything totally suggest to check that out!!! Found them on pinterest…

20. Cookie Baking Mom says

Just found your website while looking for a wassail recipe. You have an AMAZING talent to pull things together and make them look gorgeous … and then to find out you love cookies and truffles?!? Pretty sure we’re half-sisters :)

Looking forward to all the wonderful things you come up with this year! Many thanks for sharing!!!

I made these for a cookie exchange. I am living in South America, so our annual cookie exchange happens in the middle of summer. Our houses are NOT air conditioned, so the thought of heating it up with my unreliable oven to make cookies just did not sound appeasing. So I whipped up all three “cookie” truffles and added little half popsicle sticks with the type of truffle written on it. You can see a photo on my blog: schicks-in-chile.blogspot.com
    Thank you for the amazing idea and delicious recipes!

Hi, I was thinking about making these and boxing them as Christmas presents, but do they have to be refridgerated after making them? How long do they stay good for (in your experience)?

Thank you!