EggMallow Treats

Did you guys know these existed??

If you did, then I’m mad at you for not telling ME about them.  If you didn’t, then let me inform you.  Jumbo EggMallows exist!  I was walking through the grocery store today, minding my own business, when I spotted these on an end cap!  I’m not exaggerating when I say my entire To Do list for the day went out the window as I grabbed these and stuffed them in my cart.  Too cute and a hundred billion times yummier than those nasty Peeps.

If you read this blog long enough you will probably realize that I love melting chocolate.  I love making shapes out of it, dipping stuff in it,  drizzling it on pretty much anything…. it’s so versatile and yummy.   So my mind started going & I got out my stash of melting chocolates and sprinkles and went to work.

Adorable, right?

On the back of the package it suggested spreading peanut butter on one side and THEN dipping it in chocolate.  Yes please.

After trying to dip the entire thing in chocolate, I realized it was easier & just as yummy to just dip one side & call it good.   Here is what it looks like in the middle.

I’ll let your eyes tell you how amazingly delicious this is.  No wait, I’ll just tell you.  Amazingly delicious, it is.

Now to cute some of them up.   I didn’t have any pink melting chocolates but I did have red & white.

So I mixed them together.  I did the same with some dark green ones to make a more spring green color.

Now to decorate I did all kinds of things.  Dipping in various ways & colors.  Using a fork to drizzle on a contrasting color.  Adding sprinkles.  You name it.  If you want a little more control with your drizzle I would suggest either a squeeze bottle like the one above or put the melted chocolate in a sandwich baggie and snip off a tiny bit of the corner.

So here are all the ways I came up with to decorate with what I had in my cupboard.  My only regret is that I didn’t stop and get some blue melting chocolate.  Ah well….

Putting them on sticks made it easier to take their pictures and, sure, it’s fun to eat anything off a lollipop stick but how cute would it be to get some packaged up so cute like this?

I’m thinking teachers, neighbors, visiting teachees, grandparents, friends, etc.

As a side note, while both kinds are very tasty, the ones dipped in milk chocolate are a little tastier.  The ones with peanut butter dipped in milk chocolate are way tastier.  But the white/colored chocolate ones are prettier.  I tell you this so when you wrap these babies up and give them to someone you will be sure to give them a few of each kind.  They will thank you for it.

2nd side note, while I hurried and did these while the kids were at school I decided we may be doing these as a fun FHE activity on Monday night.  I think the kids would have a blast dipping & decorating! Treat plus activity…check & check.

Linking up to some great parties HERE.

Comments

1. Kathleen says

Pretty and yummy -perfect combination And for those of your followers that live close by…hoping to be on your “deliver to friend” list! ;)

2. danandcami says

WOW!! I love this idea! The only problem is that noone in my family likes marshmellows as much as me. Now MAYBE with the PB I could change a few minds, but hmmmm I wonder if I dare try it for a family easter egg hunt????

3. Sarah @ The Bird's Papaya says

These are so adorable. I was just in the states last week and saw they had bunny shaped ones too at Walmart! FUN!
    I love your photos. I know that must have taken a while, so…just so you know, we appreciate them.

4. StandsMom says

Chocolate covered marshmallows are a serious love of mine. Marshmallow santas, Marshmallow bunnies, marshmallow hearts, and whatever they do at Halloween. More than that I love the ones they make now with a layer of caramel on them. But peanut butter? Holy have to try one!!! And I envy your fun dipping project. SO fun! P.S. I hope you’re not mad at me. I saw them at the store the other day and stopped and stared for a few minutes. But since I’m boycotting sugar until Wednesday (unless someone brings me a fancy marshmallow treat, of course) I forced my head in a different direction and walked away. With difficulty, for sure.

5. Jess says

Love, love love these! We did chocolate dipped marsmallows on a stick for Valentine’s day. I was surprised then at the selection of flavored marshmallows. I did not know there were jumbo egg shaped ones too. Exciting! Thanks for sharing!

~Jess (new follower) @ makingoverthemartins.blogspot.com

6. Marnie says

Love it. I don’t think we have these egg marshmallows in Australia, but I might try it with the regular kind.
    I’m your latest follower.
    x Marnie

7. Erin says

OH. MY. HECK!!! These are so stinkin’ cute! Love the idea of adding peanut butter. Double yum! Now I need to find these awesome marshmallows!

8. Lolly Jane says

oh yah girl, so glad i saw these! lookin for a fun kid-friendly treat for my daughter’s baptism luncheon on sat…thank you from saving me from hours of making cake pops!!! (:

9. Kara @ Nest Candy says

These are amazing. They look so professional and expensive! I am hosting my very first Easter dinner and these are going to go on my desserts list. They are just too fun. Thanks so much for sharing!

10. Sherry says

Where did you find these adorable marshmallows? I went on a hunt for them today to 3 different stores and couldn’t find them, I only found the bunny shaped ones. so sad!

11. Adriane says

I also LOVE this idea and tried looking around for them and haven’t had luck so far. Do you mind sharing where you found them? Would LOVE to take these to my husband’s family Easter dinner this year! :) Thanks so much for sharing!

12. Landeelu says

I really just found them at the grocery store! We have King Sooper’s here which is a Kroger store. They were over by the “seasonal” aisle in a little display. So sorry if you can’t find them! I think Walmart has some bunny shaped ones that would be super cute too!

13. bbrayntershift.com says

I am in Utah and couldn’t find the marshmallows at Smiths, Dans, Reams, Target, Walmart. So I bought the jumbo marshmallows, cut them in half and did some squishing. It worked! My girls from church had a blast making them! Of course, they didn’t look as pretty as yours!

14. krafting kelly says

I’m bookmarking this page! I’m a newbie at dipping with chocolates but I’d like to try more. These are great ideas! Can’t wait to try the peanut butter and chocolate version!

Your blog is a blast to read! My boyfriend and I giggle as I read this to him. I’m an art teacher and your ideas are wonderful!

I live in Canada. I hope they will sell those here too. I have been making cake pops, but those would be so much faster and easier.. Thanks for the idea.