I am a big fan of giving gift cards since they are small (easy for the teacher to get home) and useful (teachers LOVE gift cards!). But my creative side cringes at the blah-ness of a regular ole' gift card. I'm sure many of you can relate here.
So here's a cute little way to give a gift card using a small tin bucket I found in the dollar section at Target!
Everyone loves checking off things from their bucket list, right? Side note: if your child has already gone skydiving I guess you need to find a red marker and check that one off as well. :)
Here's all you need to make this for your child's teacher:
- small bucket
- Bucket List tag printed out and trimmed (K-6th grades available), download HERE.
- black cardstock for matting the tag (optional)
- corner rounder (optional)
- hole punch
- ribbons, twine, etc. for embellishment
- filler for bucket (crinkle paper shreds, candy, etc)
Then you just need to put it all together as pictured and you're all set!
It's easy, satisfies the creative side of gift-giving AND you give the teacher something he/she actually wants! Win-win-win!
I'll be sharing two more ideas this week so be sure to check back!
Link parties I participate in: Tatertots & Jello, I Heart Naptime